Benefits of Lemons
Lemon is a part of the citrus fruit group, alongside with orange, grapefruit etc. Lemon is really beneficial to your health. It is rich in vitamin C, vitamin B, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. The lemon rind is also good for your health, it contains vitamin P that eliminate microbes. Lemon rinds also contains ethereal oils that can help you normalize your blood pressure, lower your bad cholesterol levels, boost your immune system, calm down your headache and improve your concentration.
Lemon and Health
Lemons originated in Asia and has been used for ages because of his healing powers. It’s been recommended for lowering blood pressure, cleansing your liver, reducing arthritis pain, for infections, flu etc. It can also boost your immune system. If you’re having a cold, try drinking freshly squeezed lemon juice. It will help you fight the cold and also stop the infection. Lemon also has antibacterial and antivirus properties. Many dermatologists and beauty gurus have recommended the use of lemons in daily skin maintenance. “The alpha hydroxyl acid in lemons is similar to the ingredients you’d find in a dermatologist’s peel,” the Oz blog reported, speaking to Dr. Elizabeth Hale, professor of dermatology at the New York University School of Medicine. Lemons also provide a number of other skin, nail, and hair benefits. Take a look at some helpful beauty tips below:
1. Remove Blackheads: Take a lemon and slice it in half, rub the juice all over your face and wait five minutes before rinsing it off with cold water. Lemons have antibacterial properties, making it a perfect blackhead remedy. Blackheads are caused by clogged pores, and the acid called alpha hydroxyl from the lemons help to exfoliate the skin.
2. Lighten Old Acne Scars: Instead of heading to the dermatologist to help fade acne scars, just take a look in your refrigerator. Take a cotton ball and soak it with a little freshly squeezed lemon juice, and rub it all over your face. The lemon juice when applied daily will gradually help to lighten up the scars as it works as a chemical peel.
3. Strengthen Nails: Soaking nails into lemon juice for about 10 minutes and rinsing them with warm water once a week will not only help them to grow but will also remove any discoloration.
4. Lighten Discolored Armpits and Elbows: Discoloration and hyperpigmentation happens to people when there is more melanin in their skin. The more melanin a person has in their skin, the darker it will be. Since lemon acts as a bleaching agent, rubbing a cut lemon on armpits or elbows will help to lighten the skin in those areas.
5. Lighten Your Hair: Skip the dye. This is a perfect and gradual remedy for those sunny summer days. Mix the juice from four lemons with ¼ cup of warm water, put it in a spray bottle, and spray it in your hair until it’s damp. Make sure you only expose your hair to the sun for about 30-60 minutes, depending on how light you want to make it. After you’re done, take a shower and use conditioner, as lemon juice can sometimes dry out your hair.
The Power of Lemon Water
It’s really easy to prepare lemon water. All you need to do is mix the pulp and the juice of ½ squeezed lemon with some warm water and drink it. Lemon water will work wonders for your body.
– Lemon water will help your body get rid of the toxins. Your skin won’t look healthy if your body is full with toxins. Once you cleanse your body, your skin will be clear and acne-free.
– It helps your digestive system. It can help you with acids, constipation, parasites, and will improve food digestion.
– Because it’s rich in vitamin C, lemon water is also useful in curing infections, wounds, allergies and sore throat,
– Lemon water works like a diuretic. It’s very useful for people who have urinary tract infections. It also helps people with arthritis because it helps get rid of toxins and bacteria.
– Lemon juice mixed with some water is extremely beneficial for pregnant women. It’s great for the bones and brain of the unborn baby.
Sweating during summer is normal. If you want to reduce sweating, drink a cup of chamomile tea with lemon every night before going to bed. I’m definitely going to try this one!
We hope you find these tips helpful!