Home Remedies for Toe Fungus Sufferers
Toenail fungus is more common, than you think and it is easy to get. As the fungus grows in the dark, damp places, such as your finger nails and your toes. Toe fungus is a living organism and some of the symptoms are yellow nails, thicken nails, and blackened nails. Some of the other names of this disease, are onychomycosis of the nail plate and tinea of the nails. If the nail is not treated for the fungus, it only can get worse and becomes harder to treat. Toe nail fungus is a painful and unsightly problem and can take some time for your toe to look better because the nail has to grow out for the troubled spot to be completely gone.
Fungus has many types and many cures. Not every cure is for every person. In some cases, alternative cures will not work and should not be tried. Some cases are very serious and should be seen by a doctor. Always, use the approach of caution with any treatment. If the alternative does not show signs of improvement, you should look for a new approach or talk with your doctor.
Before you start any alternative treatment, you must file the nail down, so the treatment can reach the nail base. Keep in mind that cleanliness is very important. Going to nail salons can put you at a higher risk of getting a fungus if they don’t sterilize their instruments.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar. Take one cap of raw apple vinegar and dilute it with 10 caps of water. Soak the nails in this solution for half an hour. After the soaking, do not dry the nails. Now mix 1 cap of oregano oil and dilute it with 20 caps of water. Brush each nail with this solution and let the nails air dry. This treatment should be done twice a day.
2. Oregano oil and olive oil. Mix 4 drops of oregano oil, with 2 teaspoons of cold pressed olive oil. Brush the nails lightly, with this mixture and allow to air dry.
3. Hydrogen peroxide. Brush the nails, with hydrogen peroxide and then pour some alcohol over the nails and let air dry.
4. White Iodine. Just paint the iodine on the toe nail. It works wonders. Also, you can put vinegar on the nails, in the morning and then iodine in the evening, as an alternative treatment.
5. Lemon grass essential oils. Brush on the nail. Tea Tree oil, can be added and then brushed on the nail.
6. Listerine. I sure can’t handle gargling with this stuff, but I can soak a cotton ball in Listerine and rub on the nails. Do this 5 times a day.
7. Honey. A great remedy that works. Also, you can alternate garlic one day and honey the next day. Both remedies work.
8. Tea tree oil and lavender oil. Brush on the nail 2-3 times a day.
Treatment for people with toe nail fungus:
- Dry your feet after going to local pools.
- Use a hair dryer to keep your nail dried at all times
- No not manicure the nails or use nail polish.
- Microwave or heat your shoes and socks.
- Do not share towels in your home or out
Hopefully these remedies will work for you and you can have your fungus cured quickly.